The non-governmental ecological foundation named after V.I. Vernadsky is the initiator and organizer of an annual socially significant federal event - the All-Russian Ecological Volunteer Clean-Up “Green Spring.” Traditionally, one of the most active participants in the action is school and preschool students.
In 2017, the Vernadsky foundation will conduct the event in the period from April 22 to May 22.
The project will include:
- An opening ceremony in Moscow and St. Petersburg on April 22, 2017;
- The ecological volunteer clean-ups and other socially significant events;
- Environmental education at educational institutions;
- A competition of short environmental videos;
- A competition of logos timed to the Year of Ecology;
- The ceremony of awarding the event winners and winners of competitions at the Hall of Columns of the House of Unions in Moscow on June 5, 2017 as part of the Day of Ecology.
The events will cover all regions of our country and will include: cleaning the territories of rubbish, planting flowers and trees, collecting waste paper and recyclables, separate collection of garbage, assisting veterans of the Great Patriotic War and socially vulnerable groups, and erecting playgrounds.