Strategic planning - the main element of the system of urban governance, forming economic and institutional conditions for sustainable and dynamic development of the city of Rostov-on-Don on the basis of efficient use of resources and market potential to provide a decent quality of life in the city of Rostov-on-Don.
Prerequisites, determine the need for the adoption of the updated Strategy of socio-economic development of the city of Rostov-on-Don for the period up to 2025 (hereinafter - the Strategy) are, including:
- The need to harmonize it with the Strategy of socio-economic development of the Southern Federal District until 2020, the Strategy of socio-economic development of the Rostov region for the period up to 2020, which updated promising areas of the South of Russia and the region;
- The need to account for long-term forecasting of the city of Rostov-on-Don, changes in socio-economic situation in Russia and the world in general, due to the influence of the global financial and economic crisis that led to the changes, including monetary and fiscal policy, market conditions specialization of the city of Rostov-on-Don, the sphere of employment and income;
- The need to account for long-term forecasting of the city of Rostov-on-Don factors influence Russia's entry into the Customs Union within the Eurasian Economic Community and the World Trade Organization.
The strategy is an integrated system that includes an analysis of competitive advantages, opportunities and risks of social and economic development of the city of Rostov-on-Don; scenarios of socio-economic development of the city of Rostov-on-Don; mission critical (backbone) goal, strategic objectives and directions of social and
economic development of the city of Rostov-on-Don; goals, objectives and activities to achieve the strategic goals and directions of socio-economic development of the city of Rostov-on-Don; identifying resources, tools and target indicators implementation of the Strategy.
The main principles underlying the Strategy are:
- Continuity of documents previously adopted by the municipal long-term and short-term planning; strategic planning documents of the Rostov region and the Southern Federal District of the Russian Federation;
- Public partnership that involves the interaction of local self-government bodies, public, science, business, community organizations, both at the stage of preparation of the Strategy, as well as in the implementation process;
- Complexity and systematic long-term planning of the city of Rostov-on-Don, taking into account the historical, ethnic, cultural and religious specificity; socio-economic impacts; internal competitive advantages and objective limitations, external opportunities, threats and challenges. The Strategy city of Rostov-on-Don is considered as the subject of regional and inter-Russian relations, as well as a member of the international economic, political, cultural and other relations;
- Concentration of the resource base and the direction of the city of Rostov-on-Don on the most promising directions of its development, allowing to ensure the growth of all spheres of life in the city of Rostov-on-Don;
- Priority of innovative forms of development in all spheres of life of the city of Rostov-on-Don, as a model when choosing directions and development tools;
- Transformability selected strategic goals and directions of socio-economic development of the city of Rostov-on-Don in the projects implemented in the legal, administrative, financial, spatial and temporal aspects;
- The possibility of adjusting strategies in the implementation process.
The strategy contains two possible scenarios for the development of the city: the inertial and the target.
Familiarize themselves with scenarios of development of the city of Rostov-on-Don and to the Strategy as a whole here.